Monday, August 12, 2013

Engaging w/ Elul August 13, 2013

From the writings of Martin Buber
The world is not comprehensible, but it is embraceable: through the embracing of one of its being… There are three principles in a man's being and life, the principle of thought, the principle of speech, and the principle of action. The origin of all conflict between me and my fellow-men is that I do not say what I mean and I don't do what I say… We can learn to be whole by saying what we mean and doing what we say… We cannot avoid using power, cannot escape the compulsion to afflict the world so let us, cautious in diction and mighty in contradiction, love powerfully… When two people relate to each other authentically and humanly, God is the electricity that surges between them… Success is not one of the names of God… Without distance there is no dialogue between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment