Friday, October 3, 2014

A Thought for Kol Nidre by Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook

Take away my shame,
Lift my anxiety,
Absolve me of my sin
And enable me to pray before Thee
With gladness of heart,
To pursue Thy commandments and Thy Torah
In the joy of holiness.
Grant me
To bring happiness to all Thy children,
To exalt and ennoble Thy faithful,
To spread goodness and mercy
And blessing in the world.
Humble the arrogant
Who have tried to pervert me with falsehood
While I sought my happiness in serving Thee.
Save me from weakness
And fro faltering
And from every evil trail,
Illumine my eyes
With the light of Thy deliverance.
Help Thy people,
Imbue the heart of Thy people with reverence
And with awe before Thy majesty.
Strengthen them with Thy love,
Guide them to walk in the path of Thy rightesouness,
Kindle in their hearts
The light of the holiness of this Day of Holiness
And bring them to possess the inheritance Thou has set for them,
Speedily, speedily, in our time, soon.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment